Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Exceptions

I wouldn't necessarily call the past week or so a setback, more like 'special exceptions' to my stash down goals!

The first happened to be for a test knit of a pattern that was named for my daughter. I couldn't very well use just anything, right? Especially when more Malabrigo was coming!

Malabrigo Rios in Zarzamora for "Alessia" by Lynn Di Cristina

My second exception happened when I learned that a yarn store in my area was closing. I very rarely get a chance to go to local yarn stores (LYS) in my area and I knew if I didn't go at least once I would regret it. Plus everything was on sale, so I was hoping there were some brands I don't already know/use. That is where I got into trouble:

 Freia Ombre Lace in Hard Candy
Filatura Di Crosa Superior in White
Habu A-20/21 1/20 Silk Stainless Steel in 6
Swan's Island Natural Colors Merino Fingering in Garnet
Dragonfly Fibers Traveller in Villainess

It would be better if I had a plan for this yarn, but I don't... I'll just fondle the Superior as is (70% Cashmere, 30% Silk) until I come up with a pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment