Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Fair Ribbons Just Aren't Fair!

I've been entering items into the North Georgia State Fair at least since I was in middle school. It's nice because I get a free ticket into the fair and a ribbon if I place. A few years back they even added prize money to help encourage entries.

This year, as always, I scrambled around last minute to find something worthy of entering and finally pulled out two of my more recent finished objects- my Caladan and my Sproutlette Dress. Here is what I found on Sunday:



Truthfully, I was a bit saddened by the second place win on my handspun/handknit dress. I put so much effort into that dress; it deserved a blue ribbon! Unfortunately, I don't know what it was up against in the same category because the Fair is highly unorganized on how they display entries. Well at least I'll have a little extra spending money this week!

"Caladan", Dream In Color Smooshy with Cashmere in Black Parade
"Sproutelette Dress", Hitchhikergal's Handspun in Pink Fantasy No. 65

No comments:

Post a Comment